Buying New vs. Buying Certified Pre-Owned
You might think the only difference between a certified pre-owned vehicle (CPO) and a new vehicle is the price. But the truth is, there is much more that separates these two. CPO vehicles tend to be recent, but not necessarily the newest, models. Furthermore, they will have much less mileage on them than your average used car. They are, in a sense, a better version of a used car, somewhere between used and new. So, if you’re thinking of buying a CPO vehicle, just what type of things should you keep in mind?
Be aware of the following:
- Cost and Value
- Trim and Feature Variation
- Technology Specs
- Dependability and Reliability
Below, we’ll discuss differences between the two to help you better decide what’s best for you.
What to Expect When Buying a CPO Vehicle
If you’re looking for a car that is in great condition while still being affordable, think about going for a CPO over a used vehicle. With a CPO vehicle, you want have to worry about the depreciation as much, which in turn allows you to find more top-tier trim levels for less than the cost of a new base trim of the same model.
Additional benefits to keep in mind include:
- Assortment: Unlike new vehicles, which offer limited selection sometimes, CPO hatchbacks or sedans give you a much broader range of models to choose from
- Benefits: If you’re looking for some excellent incentives, our CPO inventory is the place to look. Get benefits like roadside assistance, to get you out of those sticky situations in and
- Warranty: Expect superior coverage with a CPO car, including extended powertrain warranties when compared to new vehicles
There are some things to remember when buying a CPO car, however. What you see is what you get. Each individual CPO vehicle will be different in terms of mileage, specs, trim level, features, etc. Although you can be assured these cars are inspected with the utmost care, their basic components, like the battery, are more likely to need replacing sooner than a new car.
Buying New: Things to Remember
When buying a brand-new vehicle, you can expect to have a lot less things to worry about mechanically and in terms of quality. You’ll have such benefits as:
- Confidence: Relax and remember this brand-new vehicle will have parts fresh from the factory, making maintenance a problem far into the future
- Current Tech: Unlike a CPO vehicle, you know that your new car will always have the latest and most up-to-date technology available
- Individualization: Craft the car of your dreams by hand selecting things like features, trim level, and various color options for both interior and exterior parts
Price and initial depreciation are where a new vehicle will lag behind a CPO vehicle.
Find Your Next Vehicle at Butler Auto Group
Hopefully this quick overview helped you in figuring out which route is best for you. Browse our certified pre-owned Nissan vehicles, and if you still have questions after reading through this, please feel free to contact us and we’ll get you sorted out and into your car of choice in no time!
More From Butler Auto Group
2018 is coming to a close, and we’ve made it our resolution to welcome the new year with a bang! Whether you’re looking for a night on the town or ways to celebrate with your family, we’ve rounded up our most anticipated New Year’s Eve events in Atlanta that everyone can enjoy! Contact Us Atlanta’s…
If your car has a moldy smell, you’ll want to take care of the problem quick. Warning signs can include a smell like sour milk or discoloration on the seats and carpet. To start, you’ll want to clean and vacuum the inside of the car. Then you can take care of the mold itself. Follow…
With the holiday season fast approaching, the team here at Butler Auto Group would like to recommend a selection of middle Georgia holiday celebrations. We’d like nothing more than for you and your family to have a truly outstanding Christmas and holiday season, so we’ll take a look at a few Christmas events in Georgia that are…